25 March 2009

Hitting it again...

I seem to run into the "wall" at the oddest times. I can be sitting in a meeting and will start getting misty because I find myself thinking of my husband. I seem to be especially vulnerable when I'm tired or in pain and I'm both right now. I know that the stress contributes to the pain, which contributes to the stress. I'm hoping that the upcoming holiday will help to ease the stress. Beach time NEVER hurts!

Adding to all the crap that I'm dealing with, learning to live alone again and missing my DH so much is the fact that I have been here in Korea on a somewhat temporary assignment. My job will be over no later than 1 September. I need to find a new assignment before that date or I will have to return to where I was before we came here. No offense to anyone who's from there or currently lives there, but, frankly, I hate the place. The DH and I hated it before we came out here and I already know that I can not go back there to live yet. I would still hate it, because the problems that made me hate it before have not changed, and I would NOT have the man who was my rock and supported me so that I could do my job successfully even though we both hated living there.

So, the hot ticket is to find a job somewhere else. The strain of needing that new assignment and the current level of uncertainty are just adding to my stress and the circle just spins faster. I currently have two possibles. Both are EXCELLENT opportunities. One is in an "acceptable" location and one is in what I would consider "heaven". Somehow, I have to decide which one. I will be honest with myself and I will exercise the SE in me and do a thorough analysis before I decide.

The timing of these opportunities and the holiday is perfect because I can get away from the pressure cooker that is my current situation and have some relaxing peace and quiet, good food, new friends, a little beach action, some salt water, and new environs to clear my mind and really meditate on these next steps.

Here's a little cuteness to relieve all this "heavy" life stuff...

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

and another because I can't resist and I have all the space in the world ;-)

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

No comments: