12 November 2008

Home FINALLY

Actually, I brought the spousal unit home on the third and he's been doing pretty well ever since. This little incident really scared him and I hope that he puts this newfound awareness of his mortality to good use and makes more effort to take care of his health.

Now that the hospital thing is over, I, personally, am very tired. I was spending 16+ hours a day with him at the hospital. I only took one day to get him settled at home before I went back to work. I really need a vacation, but that is not to be for a while. In the meantime, I am trying to relax with some knitting. I am "socked out" so have started a lacy wrap. The office I work in is pretty chilly, so having something attractive to wrap around my shoulders is a must.

The pattern is a simple 7 repeat of the classic Old Shale pattern that I am working in a forest green slightly heathered with gold. It's 100% Peruvian wool in a worsted weight. The yarn (Knit Picks if you're interested) knits up into a lovely "spongy" fabric that will be nicely warm. I'm going to look for a pretty shawl pin to go with it.

No comments: